Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two weeks old

For those of you coming to our blog for the first time via Natalie's blog, welcome! I'm not nearly as entertaining or witty as she is, but I promise I'll do my best to continue to post pictures of Anna Claire, although I'm finding I'm not having as much time to browse on the internet as I used to!!

Hard to believe only 2 weeks ago our sweet Anna Claire was just coming into the world. The time is already flying by. We went yesterday for her 2 week check-up. She was just about up to her birth weight, at birth she was 6lbs. 9oz. and yesterday she weighed 6lbs. 8oz. She measured at 20.5 inches which is quite a leap from the 19.25 she was at birth. The doctor's nurse who normally does the measuring was out sick, so he said he might not have been quite right, but regardless, our little peanut has streched out over these last few weeks. She's in the 75th percentile for height, which for me it just funny, I don't think I was ever above the 50th percentile!

Overall we are doing well, I feel much better after my C-Section and almost feel back to my old self, there are a couple of areas that aren't quite where they used to be, but I hope over the next 6 weeks or so they'll find their way back to the pre-pregnancy home :) I'm getting the hang of motherhood, which at this point is just feeding and changing diapers it doesn't seem like there is time for much else. Once she puts on more weight and isn't eating as frequently then I'll have more "time"....yeah right.

Here are a few pictures from her second week:








1 comment:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

such sweet pictures :) I hope your body is nicer to you than mine has been to me! We are nearly 15 months post pregnancy and things still aren't back to the same place LOL. that's ok, well worth it :)
You will get more time....and then wonder where the time went...