Friday, October 10, 2008

Working in GVL and Crib Bedding

So I'm here in Greenville, SC for a couple of days for work. Once I get home I promise to take some "tummy" shots, maybe you'll think I look more prego these days, the bump is still small but it's growing. I'm in the search for crib bedding or should I say a nice bumper and some sheets, as I'm not sure if I'm going to get the comforter, as it seems a little useless, someone out there correct me if I'm wrong. I went to this store in Charleston and the bedding, while beautiful, was outrageously expensive, I'm talking $350 for the bumper alone!! I've found these choices online that I like, experienced moms out there let me know if there are other resources I should check out. I haven't browsed Target yet....

Land of Nod

Womb with a View: http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=167&f=122&pc=67

Full Circle: http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=167&f=3907&pc=67

Pottery Barn Kids

Sophie Nursery Bedding: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/su442/index.cfm?pkey=cgirls-nursery-beddingb

Organic Floral Matelasse Bedding: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/nb150/index.cfm?pkey=cgirls-nursery-beddingb

4 comments:

C said...

They're all adorable, Meredith! But remember to either buy neutral ( in case #2 is a boy) or keep it on the inexpensive side so you won't feel bad buying that stuff all over again. It's amazing how quickly the first 2 years flies by and then you have to buy toddler bedding. Another good place to look is high-end consignment stores. They often have custom bedding that is beautiful (and new).

khw said...

I like the "womb with a view" and "the organic matlasse" bumper and sheets. Do not bother buying the comforter or blanket unless you just want to hang it over the crib or in a chair just to have the pattern somewhere in the room. Don't you love doing all this fun stuff! I bet you are seeing pink in a whole different light!

Kacy D said...

I'm with the other girls...don't bother with the "extras" and definitely get something washable. Spit up can show up in the craziest places! Also, while Ava used the bumpers until she was almost out of the crib, Anna only used them for about 6 months and then used them to try and get out of the crib :) So I say splurge on other things. Your nursery will be so cute...can't wait to see photos!

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

I'm with everyone else :) Keep it inexpensive, becuase this is just a short period of time. We didn't find out if Haley was a boy or a girl so ours is neutral. Haley is still using her bumpers, but they may have to come out soon. We're just plyaing it by ear. Can't wait to see more pictures!